When I want to incorporate red touches into an interior (which I always want to do!), I find that the best way is in small amounts. Anything can be an accent, from a piece for the wall to a book you use all the time and leave on a coffee table, you can't go wrong with any of these touches....or all of them!!!!
Here are a few of my suggestions to bring a little more red into your life.
1. LOVE our Cameroon Feather Headdress!! They work in a modern or classical space and add texture as well as a bit of folly to any space.... The feathers in red and the round shape make them so sculptural and timeless.
2. I am particularly fond of these Garnet Red Glasses I had made in France....They are a great addition to a table and can double as wonderful votives anywhere....
3. This pair of newly mounted Processional Panel Table Lamps have just the right amount of red! The mix of pattern, which is a beautifully elaborate lace-like brass applied to the surface of red painted wood, brings light into any room. They are beautiful objects, fantastic for anyone with a modern or classical home.
4. Even our red cloth covered Writing Journal is a way to bring some red into a room and one's day to day life. This gorgeous diary is one I use for sketching and notes. Perfect also when simply placed on a table just to look at it. The book with its hand-marbled edges would make a unique and wonderful guest book....or just a fun record of your every thought!
5. Paint is a simple and inexpensive way to add red to any room. Try a red silhouette of an antique bed as a graphic headboard or try this chevron pattern that I recently found. I think it would create a dramatic effect in a dining room. Best of all if you don't like it, you can always repaint!